4.10.2008

Be the Change you want to see in the world-Gandhi

So, I decided to change things up a bit today.  And here it is. The colors are kind of bold.  Hopefully it's readable and doesn't irritate the eye. Here are other things I've recently changed:

My hairdo:
 Shower, scrunch with product, let air dry, go (I call it the California girl do)

My razor

My running shoes:
 Too many shin splints, I finally gave in

My bedding:
 From flannel to cotton

My running philosophy
Just run as long as you're still enjoying it, don't let mileage rule your mind.

My piano teaching technique:
 Give more songs per lesson, allow them to play each song 3 times/day rather than practice for 20 minutes, this usually works out to more than 20 minutes, but they haven't figured that out yet.  Also, sit through their first practice after lesson, so they don't practice wrong all week.

My toothbrush & toothpaste:
 From electric to manual. (feels like I do a better job on my own power) Went to a whitening toothpaste.

Laundry soap:
 Went to the Kirkland brand powder with color safe bleach.  Smells great, does a great job.

The book I'm reading
Started The Goose Girl (thanks Kelly).  It's a good read.

My outlook:
On how much power I have over the "attitude of the house". My kids attitudes will inevitably change when I change my attitude.

So what have you guys changed recently.  Let me know. 


8 comments:

JP Anderson said...

I really like the new look of your blog. It's totally awesome dude. I tried clicking on the link at the top to see some new blog layouts for myself but it didn't work. I like change, especially when I'm ready for it. I cant' wait for school to get out. I'm ready for that change. I'll write my next blog on change. How bout that?

JP Anderson said...

ps I'd like to see a picture of the new california due.

Molly Thorne said...

Love the new look! I want pictures of the California hair. Everything is different with a new baby. I'll have to think about it longer.

Molly Thorne said...

I also think I like brushing my teeth better without electric

Jen said...

I like changes - as long as i'm the one in charge of them! HEE HEE! I want a new blog layout - how'd you do that! I also want pics of the Cali-do! I went from getting nothing done cause I was so sick to get quite alot done everyday! It makes alot of difference when your feeling well! One thing I have changed recently is what time I get up. I used to get up when my kids absolutley had to be out of bed in order to make it to school. Lately I have been getting up an hour before they get up. You can't believe everything I get done before they are even out of bed. I can't sleep anyways so why not get up and get it all done before the Rooster crows! Ok, bye bye

Kelly said...

I like your new look. My fav. colors!! I like you rblog entry too.
I changed my underwear. I think...
Good job on your run today!!!
I'm also going to take your advice on my attitude affecting my kids. Yur smart.

Em said...

Ohh... I wish I could take credit for my attitude change but its mostly to due with less stress now that I have work off for a weekish. :) And as I said before I DO like your blog too! I think I want a nice layout too. And ditto to the hair pics. I always want to just get out of the shower and let my hair go au natural but I look stupid. I bet you pull if off with grace. Change - I have tried to earnestly rid myself of things I no longer use in my home. Sack loads of clothes, art supply hording, etc. Like you said. Its amazing what we can (happily) get along without.

Denise said...

All day i've tried and tried to think of something I have changed lately... I've come up with nothin' So sad, My life is the same day after day after day. But I love it!