4.18.2008

Outside Day


Today was an outside day. It was so beautiful outside and there was plenty of yard work to be done.  So I worked on edging the yard and mowing the yard and Scotty worked on taking down our trampoline (if you didn't know, it blew all the way to the park last Fall and bent the frame).  The kids helped pick up the yard and played with friends.  We have no fences dividing our backyard from the neighbors and they have none dividing them from their neighbors.  Our kids are all the same-ish ages and play together often.  So they all had fun being outside together and running through all the yards.  They started this kite-thing to see how high they could get their kite to go.  Chloe retrieved some yarn from the house to add to the kite's string and they set to work.  They went out into the field behind the house to attempt it.  As you can see from the picture they were very successful.  They had a whole assembly line.  Someone letting out string, someone passing it on, etc.etc. (Chloe's in white, Aidan's on the left in dark blue) We actually had to have them pull it in because it was very near the power lines next to Redwood Road.  If you know where my house is you know how far my backyard is from Redwood Road.  Anyhow, they had a great time and the yard is on the up and up. Still lots of weeding to do and some planting, but it feels good to have it all the same length.  Tomorrow we drive to Gunnison to visit some friends.  Never been to Gunnison, so this should be a real treat.  




1 comment:

Em said...

Shawn 'n I saw several people kite flying up on campus yesterday and I was reminded how fun it is! I think I'd like to buy a kite again. :)

The highest flying kite, thats pretty sweet.