Today was the first time our family has gone to Gunnison (Scott had gone previously to check out this house and make some architectural suggestions, that the Deskins bought and now live in). It was a beautiful drive and once again reminded me of home (Idaho) with the farmer's fields everywhere and a house our two interspersed. The Deskins' house was built in the late 1800's. It required a lot of work and dedication to make it livable, but they've done it. It was so fantastic inside. So unique. They've really tried to keep the antique feel in the house with appliances that are antique, light fixtures, and door knobs that are antique. I loved their personal touches from the places they've been all over the world. One of the pics I've included is Lilburn's office. He had his desk made by a man in Ethiopia. He had pictures of Ethiopian tribes on the wall, as well as pictures of Holland. They made us a delicious BBQ lunch and apple pie (that Cole couldn't quit eating). We ate on dishes that Loy purchased in the Netherlands. Mezeret and Fikert (excuse my spelling) played with th
e kids and are so sweet. We sat at the kitchen table and talked about Isaac (their son and Scotty's friend) and Scott and all the silly things they used to do together and we just laughed until we cried. It was a great visit, very refreshing, and what fantastic people. On the way home we took a shorter route through Genola (I think it was). There is this road that is full of "tickle bumps" if you will. You know those bumps in the road that tickle your stomach. It had a ton of them. As the kids hollered and giggled I got a fantastic idea. UDOT should build a road full of prime tickle bumps. It could be a toll road. Families would go on drives to tickle bump road and UDOT could make it a toll road and make some money! It would be called Tickle Bump Toll Road. I'm brilliant I know. Hope you all had a good weekend. And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONYA!




2 comments:
What a cool house! I love your blog, Amy. You have such a unique and happy way of putting things. Your kids are way cute, too!
Deb
What a neat place Amy! I didn't know you had such cultured friends. :) Its a really neat place, old houses are one of my favorites too. So much character and craft.
Post a Comment