What a weekend. It was historic actually, as Dad and myself discussed, the oldest child and youngest child in our family graduated this weekend. Emily (& Shawn) with bachelor's and Terri with a master's. May I just say how proud I am of all of you. What an accomplishment.
We had an awesome BBQ @ Terri's in spite of the weather. If you're wondering why I don't have any graduation pictures to post, it's because I FORGOT MY CAMERA! I was angry with myself for sometime (almost as angry as I was when I realized I did all the touch up paint in the wrong color). It was a good time that Scott made even better when he gave me back my wedding ring that he'd sent to Boise to be sized (yes, I've put on some weight since marriage) Well, surprise surprise, he had the diamond sized!!! It is beautiful. He had a new center diamond put in that is so beautiful and had my old one made into a pendant. It's all part of his 10th anniversary treat. The only bummer is that the ring wasn't actually sized, so it doesn't fit. He's sending it back to be sized for real this time. He even revealed to me last night where we're going for our anniversary- LAS VEGAS! We're going to see "O" by Cirque du Soliel, and Wayne Brady and we're staying at the Bellagio. I'm very excited.
So, today we went to lunch and the Dinosaur Museum with the Holyoaks. It took some work with 7 kids, but I think they had some fun.
Jenny enjoyed playing dinosaur, as did Aidan and Anna.
We had a lot of fun and that little deli @ Thanksgiving Point has some killer french fries.
We also had some funny stuff said today.
After taking Aidan's picture @ the Dinosaur Museum today in a dark hallway he said,
" MOM, my brain just made it's own dream after you took my picture."
While Scotty was playing ball on the floor with Cole Cole said,
"Stan up Dad".
That made us laugh.
The kids are really into WEBKinz. Little stuffed animals that you bring to life online. Aidan finally got his own and he just keeps saying, "I've got to take care of my dotcom pet." It cracks us up.
Dad & Mom helped me raise my bed onto these blocks so that the bedskirt doesn't hang on the floor. It's quite a change. Kinda high, but cool. So Scott finally hoisted himself into bed, laid down and said, "I think I'm getting altitude sickness".
Finally, as Scott was looking for some dinner in the cereal cupboard he kept pulling out boxes with just a few bits in the bottom. Okay, so he pulled out 4 boxes like that to be exact. This is his pet peeve. He asked me, "Why don't you throw these away?" I said, "That would be called wasting." He replied, " That's not called wasting. That's called TRICKERY".
He got me there. Oh well. I made him a cereal suicide. (remember when you use to do that at the pop machine, mixing every flavor there was to create a suicide?)
And to wrap it up, here is a bit of unbelievable news. I took Chloe to Kohl's tonight to find some sandals. She is 9, and in 3rd grade, and we bought her a ...
SIZE 5! Is that normal. WOAH! I couldn't believe it. She wouldn't let me take a picture of her foot so here's the shoe. I'd better be careful or I'll make her self conscious. Hmm. That makes me think. Alright then. Hope you all had a good weekend and congratulations again to the graduates.
2 comments:
Jealous! that sounds like such fun. You probably don't want to post a picture of the new ring but please do when you get it back. I hate missing family stuff but I'm glad Jen could go represent the Idaho sisters.
That was a great blogaruski! That Scottie treats you right. That does sound like so much fun. Felicia and I think it would be quite enjoyable to go to NY or Vegas and see on of the big production shows.
Post a Comment