4.16.2008

I Broke the Rules

We've had this no sleepover rule at our house.  The world just isn't the same place and parents have to worry about their children's safety at all times.  Well, Chloe wanted to have a friend for a sleepover.  She lives right next door. They've been friends since we moved here 7 years ago(ish). I obliged.  I know I opened the floodgate.  So last night they played the Wii, watched a movie, played with their WebKinz, came to the store with me, and generally had a great time and stayed up late.  It reminded me of all the MANY, MANY sleepovers I had with my old friends, Tonya, Shannon, Shantel.  It was so much fun.  It was fun to see Chloe enjoying something I used to do nearly every weekend.  (well it sometimes felt that way). Now I need to decide where to redraw this line I've moved!  

8 comments:

Molly Thorne said...

What a cute picture of the both of ya, I say, who takes these? I have no idea where to draw the line with sleepovers. I don't mind if people come to my house but how do I let them go to someone else's. Right now we are trying to break the bed wetting cycle so friends is not even a possibility right now. Let me know what you come up with and I am ordering that swim suit.

JP Anderson said...

That life some time ago in Burley was so much different than what the kids these day in these parts have. The news, media, and well, reality has made us all a little bit paranoid. How could you not trust the our neighbors in Burley though. Life seemed so much more innocent then, granted we were all younger and much more naive. Don't you wish all your neighbors were Hansens, Turfts, Clarks, Turners, or Atkins?

JP Anderson said...

excuse the typos

Tonya said...

We had good times back in the day. I haven't had to deal with the sleep over question yet, but we have decided early to do "late" nights and let the kids party it up and then go home to sleep at their own home. We'll see how well we follow through with it. I wish the world was like Sandy Glen Lane. I have good memories of your mom sending us to the garden with a cup and dragging our pillow full of sleep over stuff across the street. It was much simpler back then.

Jen said...

Love that picture Aim! Your hair looks so beautiful! Also, to those of you that are reading the quotes of the day! In my defense I don't just blurt out things like, "your a brainless wonder" unless Amy makes brainless comments to me - as she does much of the time! Oh how i must love her! No sleepovers for us and our kids don't even know about these so no problems so far! I loved Sandy Glen Lane too - so many fun memories and good times.

Kelly said...

maybe just no sleep overs with psychos! except how do you know until it's too late. i like your idea though, i know i won't trust anyone to take care of my kids over night. maybe, just sleep overs at YOUR house? more work for you but then you can keep better tabs for sure.

Kelly said...

I love the picture too! I could see that in a magazine add!

Em said...

oh dear. I haven't even begun to think about things like children's sleepovers but you have a good point. I would suppose that saying kids could stay at YOUR house seems alright, but I'd worry about having kids at YOUR house all the time then. Where's the benefit in that!? lol.

I remember the last time I had a sleepover with Tyler Atkins, Bill said we were too old to be sleeping over anymore. lol. I couldn't believe it, but at the time I had no idea what they meant by that. So, uh, only same-sex sleepovers rule should stand. lol.