3.21.2008

The Blue, the Gold, the WHAT???!!!!!


Tonight was our first ever Blue and Gold Banquet as a family.  What a night.  Asher received his Bobcat badge and they fed us all; ham, jello, rolls, ham, brownies, ham...ham.  It was great. These are pictures of him getting his badge and me getting my Mother's Pin (who knew, all these perks).  They did some little skits, the flag ceremony, and we headed home.  What clean family fun.  Right? Wrong.
When we got home the kids got ready for bed.  I was putting Cole's jammies on when Aidan asked me to leave the room while he put his pj.'s on.  I said, "Why?" 
"Um, I need to put on some underwear".
Why?
"You're gonna be mad."
(oh boy, here goes)
"I kinda peed in my underwear at the church."
where are they Aidan?
"You're gonna be mad."
where are they Aidan?
"I put them behind the toilet".
argh.
gotta love that kid.

4 comments:

Em said...

You're gonna be mad.

haha. i love when he warns you for your impending anger. :)

thats too dang cute. i remember john boys scout ceremonies and mom proudly wearing your mom pin thing. how time has flown.

Jen said...

Yummy sounds like you liked the Ham! Good job Asher and good job Aidan! HEE HEE!

JP Anderson said...

I had forgotten that the mothers get a pin also. That seems like so long ago to me. Those were some simple times as a kid. I know you've got accomplish things to move up and get your badges, but I can't remember a thing I did to get my first few (like the Bobcat). They probably just figured that since everone else got one that so would I.

JP Anderson said...

Funny quote by Zander by the way.