Yesterday was certainly not my best day. It began with me making an appt. at the dentist for Aidan. I noticed that 2 of his fillings had fallen out (who knows when, he's only had them since last May). His teeth kept him up most of the night. Bad news. He now has very bad cavities where the fillings fell out and needed caps on his teeth! I was quite upset that 1. The fillings they put in fell out. 2. He now had huge cavities and 3. It would hurt!
He handled it like a real trooper though. He never cries during the shots or any of it. However, his mouth hurt for most of the day and I can see why, there is bruising all around the caps. I tried to put it all in perspective so I wouldn't be so upset. These are baby teeth, and this is not the worst thing that can happen.
When I got home I did the dishes. As I reached for the dishwasher detergent it was very wet on the bottom. Yes, there was a large leak under the sink and it had ruined the cabinet. ARGH!! I thought I found the culprit, the water purifier. I attempted to tighten the part that seemed to be leaking and the top came off spraying water all over me and the kitchen. I hollered for Aidan to bring me towels. He brought me a hand towel. When I finally (after about 3 minutes) got it turned off Aidan snapped this shot of me. I doesn't do justice, my pants were soaked.
Trying to improve the day I made some homemade bread. When the bread was finished I thought it was a fine time to self-clean the oven. I switched it on and about 15 minutes later noticed a large blaze through the oven window. I pulled out the fire extinguisher ready to go, but the door was locked of course since it was cleaning. I turned the oven off and finally the flame extinguished itself. In hindsight, this was a good lesson. I probably shouldn't have opened the door as the air would have fueled the fire and I probably would've lost my eyebrows! (memories of mother anyone?)
Despite all this stuff, it was beautiful weather outside today and all the kids ran around with about 15 friends like it was summer. They played in the dirt, put on Halloween costumes and played on the neighbors swingset, had foot races on the lawn, rode scooters up and down the hill, and generally enjoyed themselves. Here's to a better today!
7 comments:
Oh Ame, I love you. I love you're attitude. If I had taken my kid to the dentist and then had my sink explode on me I would have gone to bed and told the kids to find food in the couch cushions for dinner but not you... you make bread!!! You are my idol. (but not my american Idol thats David Archuleta, sorry!)
Oh Amy.... That is a rough day. The brite news is that you after a day like that you can always look forward to tomorrow. Hope that today is a better day. Heather
Hey I have a favor to ask of you and anyone reading this... our son Keegan is one of ten finalist for Portland's cutest baby contest. We are so excited he is a finalist out of thousands of entries. But now he needs votes in order to win. If you can would you go to www.charliefm.com and click on cutest baby contest and vote for Keegan. He is wearing the cowboy hat. If he wins he will get a $1000.00 savings account in his name and we get to drive a mini van for a year. We could really use your vote and if you could tell your friends and family that would be great. Here's to a better day.
Heather
Aim, that sounds like quite the day to me. I don't want any of it. I'm so glad you didn't get that oven door open - and Yes memories of Mother come a floodin back on that one. Only she burned her eyebrows, eyelashes, and arm hairs off over the outside burn barrel - I bet it was an aerosol hairspray can! HEE HEE! That's no good!
Sometimes we need a day like that to appreciate the better ones. You can't really know the good unless you know the bad. Good picture by Aiden.
ps. I'll vote for your baby Heather.
haha. my day has sucked but not in the expensive, wet, exhausting way. so i guess your sucky day makes mine almost better. :)
hehe. i like the pic with the fire extinguisher and the bread.
Oh man! What a freaky day! You are such a trooper and NEVER complain. I would have blabbed your ear off about my horrible day and you didn't even mention it. I wish I could be like you. We've got to stop those annoying headaches too!
Post a Comment