3.11.2008

A Visitor from the North...

That's right!  My visitor was EM!  Shawn was sweet enough to drop her off at my house whilst he visited his folks for a couple days.  The thing I love about having Em around is,

A. I laugh enough to count it as a good ab workout.
B. She's fun to have an engaging conversation with.
C. She is complimentary.
D. She's easygoing. (easy to please, no high stress)
E. She's creative.
F. We get the twin comment when we're together (or sometimes the much more dreaded Daughter/Mom comment)
G. She's feisty ( and she knows it).

Anyhow, I had a lot of fun.  We went for a challenging run on Saturday morning, we had our feet fitted for running shoes in the afternoon, we had some ice cream, and she "helped" me make Scotty's video.  

It reminded me of how much I like to be around her, for the same reason most people enjoy other's company, she makes me happy.  

When she lived with us to help me out the summer Scott got out of the hospital I really came to appreciate her sense of humor and willingness to delve into the chaos of my life.  It was very difficult to let her go back to her normal life.  Anyhow, I love you Em.  Thanks for coming to see me. 

Sidenote:  The song on Scott's video is, The Love I Found in You by Jim Brickman


3 comments:

JP Anderson said...

She is great isn't she! Felicia and I love to hang out with her and Shawn. She's also great for complements like you said. Every time something exciting happens to me, I make sure to give her a call to up the high. Thanks for being you Em!!!

Em said...

Ah Amy! That was way too nice. I guess I'd better get to writing my "10 reasons why Amy is pretty ok" blog now. :D I had oh so much fun and I love spending time with you and your fam. :) Thanks for the room and board for the weekend, the chaos is a nice break from my hum-drum life.

and you are the much better-nosed twin. lol.

Em said...

P.S. That picture at the bottom of your page VOIDS this nice blog!! void!!