9.08.2009

Little Drummer Boy

















This is Scotty's best friend Will. 
They've been friends since they were teens.  They use to joke that when they got married they would live by each other and their wives would be friends and they would do things together, have kids at the same time, etc.  As it turns out Will's wife Kelly & I were meant to be friends.  We have so much fun when we're together. Lots of laughs, talking through stuff, challenging each other to be better.  All the things that a good friend does for you. But I digress, this post is actually "Will-based".  Will is in a band called "Crossing Columbia".  These pics are of him & his band playing @ Thanksgiving Point.  I've heard Will play the drums before and he has some amazing natural talent there, but what I really love about Will playing the drums is that he didn't take drums lessons as a kid.  He didn't take drum lessons as a teenager.  He actually didn't start playing the drums until he was in his 20's.  And turns out...he was really good!  It didn't take long for his teacher to see his talent.  He then went on to teach drums, and now plays in this band.  I love that he decided to try his hand at something that interested him and didn't let little things get in the way, namely himself.  I think too often we "write ourselves off".  I'm too old, I don't have time, That will be difficult to pick up now, People my age don't do those things. There's always time to learn, to progress, to find some unearthed talent we've been given but just haven't tapped into yet.  Go. Find. Learn. Share. Grow!  Thanks for your example Will, and thanks for marrying a girl who was meant to be my friend.  


3 comments:

Ging said...

Seriously we are on the same wavelength- well sort of. But what are the chances that Scott would have said to me two days ago (not kidding here) "When we build our dream home I would really love to have a sound-proof room to play drums in." Did you know Scott played drums? I would love to hear him play- other then with spoons and a metal bowl. It is really great to have friends who inspire us- I feel so blessed in this regard as well.

Kelly said...

Amy this was such a sweet post. I know it meant a lot to Will that you feel this way. I'm honored to be your friend and so glad Scott married such a great girl!! It all worked out for them didn't it (and us too);)

Crossing Columbia said...

For every word and sentence that you write about me as an inspiration, I could write paragraphs and pages about you and what you mean to me as the epitome of strength and example to your children, our family and to me. I am sure your place has been set!

-Will