Our home teachers came yesterday.
Brother Fox delivered a lovely message about the influence of righteous women.
Being the only woman in the house he brought my name up.
What does your mother do for you?
She cooks. She cleans up stuff. She cleans our clothes.
What does your Mom do when you are sad?
She says, "Cry me a river."
(trying to save it) And then what does she do?
Um. Walks away.
IN MY DEFENSE. You knew this was coming. I only say "cry me a river" when there is a lot of unsolicited whining going on around here, not true sadness.
And I've learned it's best to walk away after you say "cry me a river".
Anyway, we learned about real righteous women after those beautiful comments, and then we proceeded to dive into the delicious cookies and quick breads that the righteous women who are married to our home teachers sent.
However, we were completely out of milk. Who eats warm pumpkin chocolate chip bread and warm snickerdoodles without cold milk? Not us. Not ever!
So Scott suggest pulling out our food storage milk.
DUN. DUN. DUN.
That's right. Powdered milk. I mixed up a gallon per instructions on the bucket and we put it in the freezer to get real cold, as that is the way all milk is best served.
After about an hour we pulled it out and drank up.
It was great! Really. Honestly. This is not your mother's powdered milk.
It was even, shall I say, creamy?!
The kids really liked it. Scott said he couldn't tell the difference between this and real milk.
In conclusion and to get to the point;
I would highly recommend Morning Moos powdered milk for your own personal food storage.
They also have chocolate which would take your enjoyment to the next level.
5 comments:
I have purchased some Morning Moo Milk upon your recommendations and will have to break it out for FHE. I will think about saying "cry me a river" as I am trying very hard to keep the sarcasm to a minimum.
Word verification: Sheezma...
My mom was just telling me this weekend how much they like Morning Moo... I guess I"ll have to put it on my food storage list.
And "cry me a river" is a lot nicer than some of the things I have said to my kids after unneeded whining and crying.
informative.
I kinda want some powdered milk all of a sudden. Huh. They don't have powdered milk in the vending machines....darn.
You are hilarious! And, hey, there's nothing wrong with "cry me a river" . . . . it's a perfectly motherly comment. I have this thing against powdered milk ever since my mom tried to pull the ol' switcheroo, so I'll have to try it!
Post a Comment